recipes

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

BANANA PUDDING CAKE 1



FOR A SUGAR FREE VERSION- REPLACE SUGAR WITH EQUAL AMOUNTS OF EQUAL

*************YOU CAN ALSO MAKE THIS CAKE USING 2 BOXES OF YELLOW CAKE MIX AND JUST ADD THE INSTANT PUDDING AND WHIP CREAM.- AND ON THE BOX RECIPE- REPLACE THE WATER WITH MILK FOR A REALLY MOIST CAKE*************








Cake
2 4oz sticks butter, softened
1 3/4 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 tsp vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
One 3.4oz box instant Banana cream pudding mix
1 cup milk
Nilla wafers to place on top of cake
Filling in between cake layers:
Whisk together the following ingredients and cook on medium heat until  it thickens and sticks to the spoon ,do this while the cake is in the oven. stir constantly- no lumps-remove from heat and add 1 pack of instant banana pudding and 1 cup of whip cream and place in a mixer, (but add the pudding to the whip cream and mix it, then add it to the hot pudding)***if it thickens add milk

3/4 cup sugar...all of these ingredients here is what you will be whisking together- 
1tb vanilla flavor...
2 cups of whole milk...
2tb flour..
pinch of salt.....
4 eggs..
add the vanillla at the end..
you never want to cook the vanilla
Step 1: Make the cake
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prep three 8″ round pans by lining the bottom with parchment paper or baking spray. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in eggs , one at a time. Beat in vanilla until well combined.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and pudding mix. Add into wet ingredients in three separate additions, mixing until just combined. Don’t over mix!
Stir in milk until combined. Divide batter and pour into 3 pans. Bake 22-25 minutes or until cake is golden and begins to pull away from sides of pans.
Allow cake to cool 15 minutes in pan. Loosen and remove from pan.
Allow to cool another 1-2 hours on a wire rack.
Step 2: Begin layering
Level each cake. Add the filling between the cakes to make a 3 layer cake. Brush outside of cake with pudding mixture. Decorate with sliced bananas only if you wish. Layer the whole cake  with Nilla wafers. and drizzle pudding over the top Refrigerate until ready to serve if you wish.

37 comments:

  1. OMG thank you, i have been looking for this for ever! thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are welcome, I wanna see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so GOOD!I've seen other banana pudding cakes recipes but I think the one is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks super yummy. I'm wondering how sweet it is..... Anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When substituting with box cake, pudding and whip cream. How much whip cream and where does it go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, the 1/2 tub of cream goes into the cake mix? And then theres an additional one cup of whip cream in the filling, correct?

      Delete
    2. So in the original recipe is whipped cream added to the cake or just the filling? Am I maybe reading it wrong?

      Delete
    3. So, the 1/2 tub of cream goes into the cake mix? And then theres an additional one cup of whip cream in the filling, correct?

      I have the same question. Please help I want to nail it and I failed the first time.

      Delete
  7. Please can you make it for me I love this cake I don't want to mess it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please can you make it for me I love this cake I don't want to mess it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this cake. I've made it several times

    ReplyDelete
  10. So you need a box of banana pudding mix for the cake batter and a box for the filling?

    ReplyDelete
  11. just as sweet as any other cake- you can control the sugar by using a sugar substitute- when you use the cake flour option

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was wondering if there was a reason why the Whip Cream was not on the recipe with the other ingredients? I had to make another store run just to get Whip cream... lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. What is the icing? Or topping?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Recipe Mama Linda!

    Question: Do i have to use a wire rack?

    ReplyDelete
  15. So can you give me a list of ingredients for everything you need to make for this cake I'm a little confused on how many boxes of pudding I need and whip cream

    ReplyDelete
  16. So can you give me a list of ingredients for everything you need to make for this cake I'm a little confused on how many boxes of pudding I need and whip cream

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mama what is 2tb of flour? I'm on my way to get the ingredients but want to buy the correct thing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How do you make the topping for the cake is it the pudding made according to the box and then the whipped cream folded into the pudding? Not quite understanding how to make the icing or topping for the cake

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello... i'm not sure when you will see this, i hope ASAP lol. But can you redo your instructions for what's in the layers between and the icing or topping, this is a bit confusing

    ReplyDelete
  20. I get the recipe clearly! Guess because I love to cook at bake as well!
    I have an order for this coming up in for Christmas, cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg! Making this for Christmas now and wow! Thought I was going to mess up the filling but its so good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely cake idea! Many thanks for sharing this. Look for more designer cakes and get Cake Delivery in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  23. After the filling is made up, should it be put in the refrigerator to set/cool? The cake came out beautiful, but the icing was a little messy. I will do the cake again, but I want to get the icing together.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So I cook this cake today using a box cake. But the frosting wasn't sweet enough so I add 1/2 cup of powder sugar to pudding mix I didn't trim the cake before I put the pudding mix on the cake and my cookies slid off other then that the cake were very good

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to make this cake. It looks delicious. However the instructions are very confusing. If anyone has sucessfully made this cake and has an organized recipe with clear instructions, could you please post it. It will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

    ReplyDelete