Less than 100 calories per patty!
· Two cans of Tuna of your choice
· 2 teaspoons of honey mustard
· 1 fresh lemon
· ½ teaspoon minced garlic
· Red onion (chopped fine)
· Habanero peppers (optional this adds a little kick, use at your discretion)
· Salt and pepper
· 1 egg
· Extra virgin olive oil
· Drain liquid from tuna can, reserve just a little.
· Add ingredients mixture (honey mustard, fresh squeezed lemon, chopped red onion, habanero peppers, salt/pepper, garlic & egg).
· Mix well, and taste before adding egg to make sure it’s the correct amount of seasoning.
· Form mixture into in to individual patties.(typically makes 4-5)
· Heat extra virgin olive oil into frying skillet on med-hi.
· Gently place patties in to the pan and cook on each side 3-4 minutes (or until nicely browned)
· Viola! Now your patties are ready to serve, Enjoy!
· You can enjoy this with a side of plain grits, on whole grain bread, avocado, or just by themselves, salad, either way their delicious!