Thursday, July 28, 2016
Sunday, July 24, 2016
- 6 pork Steaks,
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup flour- any kind
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
In a small bowl add your seasoning mixture by combining and mixing together seasoned salt, garlic powder, black pepper and paprika.
serve with white buttered rice.
Saturday, July 23, 2016
Whisk eggs and stir in milk in a shallow dish big enough to dip the meat.
Stir together seasoned flour and place in another shallow dish.
Dredge the patties in flour, shake off excess, dip in egg wash, the coat in flour again.
Heat oil 1/4 inch deep in a nonstick skillet and pan-fry patties over medium heat until golden and cooked through, then drain.
To make gravy, melt butter in a skillet then whisk in the flour and seasonings and whisk over low heat until it is the color of peanut butter.
Whisk in cold milk and continue to stir over low heat until mixture boils; boil one minute or until thickened.
Serve gravy over chicken fried steak and traditionally with potatoes.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 chipotle chiles from 1 can of chipotles in adobo
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ loaf of Italian or French bread at least 3 inches wide and a foot long
- ¼ pound sliced salami
- ¼ pound sliced Italian pepperoni
- ¼ pound sliced sweet or hot capicola
- ¼ pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- ¼ pound aged good quality provolone cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, divided
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- split the loaf in half so you have two open halves.
- Spread two tablespoons of the MAYO on each inside cut.
- Then begin layering the cold cuts on the bottom half and finish with the provolone. Top with half of the basil leaves and place the top half of the bread over the basil pressing the MAYO side down over the basil.
- Heat the pan on the stove. Brush one tablespoon of olive oil on the top half of the sandwich and brush the other tablespoon of olive oil on the pan press down. Place sandwich on heat over brushed oil and brown both sides, pressing down slightly to flatten sandwich. Heat until the bread is nicely browned.
- Line a small sheet pan with foil and place the grilled sandwich onto the foil.
- Lay the other half of the basil leaves and all of the sliced tomatoes over the top of the browned top of the sandwich.
- Mix the Parmesan, mozzarella, provolone and oregano in a small bowl and spread over the basil and tomatoes
- Place the pan in the hot oven for 5-7 minutes to melt and brown cheese. Serve by cutting into four even pieces. .
Friday, July 22, 2016
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
1 lb bag of navy beans rinsed
1 onion diced
1/4 cup of bacon fat or meat of your choice
1tb of season salt
8 cups of water
Place all ingredients in crock pot on high for 8 hours
I started mine before work and let it cook all day.
When I got home it was nice and thick and did not stick
The hot water cornbread is on the blog. Do a search and you will find it.
Friday, July 15, 2016
whole Chicken cut up
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 cup chopped parsley
10 sprigs thyme
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 scotch bonnet pepper
1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar
Thursday, July 14, 2016
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 to 2 cups of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- use on meatloaf
Peel, seed and dice the tomatoes, reserving the juices. In a small pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil; add the tomatoes and juices, onion and green pepper, and let simmer while you prepare the roux.
In a separate skillet, heat the butter over medium heat; stir in the flour. Cook and stir over medium, stirring constantly, until it reaches a light beige color. Quickly stir in the broth and tomato mixture, adding slowly, but continue until fully incorporated. Stir in the milk and season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until nicely thickened.