this dish goes great with mashed potatoes !!!!! boxed or home made
1 beef POT roast 2 if you have a bigger family
1 can beef broth
2 packets of brown gravy
1 teaspoon season salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup flour
4-6 slices of bread
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of paprika
Add the oil to a skillet and let it heat on medium heat.
season the roast then flour both sides and put brown it on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
1. Place the roast, broth, Worcestershire sauce, in a crock pot.
2. Cook the contents of the crock pot for 5 hours on high heat or until the roast easily flakes apart when pierced with a fork.
3. When the meat is fully cooked, break the it into chunks by pulling it apart with two forks.
4. Leave the contents in the crock pot and DO NOT drain the meat drippings yet.
5. take 2 cups of the juice from the crock pot and add it to a pan then pour in the gravy mix.
turn on the heat and mix well and cook on medium heat until it thickens.
serve with mashed potatoes.
Plating Your Sandwich:
1. Place one or two slices of bread directly onto a plate.
2. Top the bread with the pot roast, not a lot, it is filling.
3.then top with gravy
if you are making boxed potatoes
3 cups of potato flakes
3 cups of boiling hot water
1/2 cup of milk
2 tb of sour cream
2 tb of margarine
and salt and pepper to taste