- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 300˚F
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add lemon flavor and lemon juice.
- Gradually mix in the flour until incorporated.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet
- Using the tines of a fork, cross marks in the cookies to slightly flatten them (like my butter cookie recipe).
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set on top and slightly golden on bottom.
- Transfer to cooling rack and immediately dust with powdered sugar (sugar will melt into cookies from the remaining heat).
- Once completely cool, dust cookies again with powdered sugar.