For the cabbage rolls:
- 12 leaves cabbage
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
For the sauce:
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil cabbage leaves 3 minutes; drain.
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup cooked rice, egg, milk, onion, ground beef, salt, and pepper and garlic. Place about ¼ cup of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf, cut out the thick stem and roll up, tucking in ends. Place rolls in large baking pan.
- Mix together tomato sauce, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cabbage rolls. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.
note you are not cooking the beef first- it will cook in the oven*********