Wednesday, January 18, 2023

A story about me

 I have seven sisters. No brothers. My parents are from Mississippi. They packed up in the 50’s and headed north and ended up in Illinois. My parents were married for over 50 years and our dad passed away in 2008.

I have nieces and nephews as old as I am. I have 3 kids who are 37 30 and 21 . I have a 12 year old grandson.

My mom made a big dinner every Sunday.

Growing up with 8 girls in the house we were all we had. 

We spent a lot of time with family. We would travel to Meridian Mississippi every year to visit big mama my dad’s mom.

I was 16 years old and I would drive my mom to the south side of Chicago and we would visit her mom, my granny who lived until she was 98.  We would go over on Sunday’s and we would have a nice Sunday dinner. 87th and Throop. We had a family reunion every year at the Dan Ryan woods in Chicago. Times have changed. I host a lot at my house. I have hosted Christmas for the last 20 years. I have also hosted the Fourth of July for the last 20 years. We keep it fun and play games and give away money. Family is everything. We are not perfect. We go through it like every other family. We manage to pull it together 





No comments:

Post a Comment