Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Cube steak



 Ingredients:

  • 4 Cube Steaks and pound them out thin.
  • 2 Packets of McCormick Brown Gravy Mixes + 3 Cups Water
  • 1 Large Onion Cut in half and sliced
  • Flour for dredging steaks
  • 1 teaspoon Seasoning salt 
  • 1 teaspoon Garlic powder 
  • 1 teaspoon Onion powder 
  • 1 teaspoon Paprika 
  • About 2 TBLS of oil for frying


  1. Start by seasoning your steaks (both sides)
  2. Dredge steaks in flour. I found I missed a couple spots on my steaks while I was seasoning them so as I dredged, I added seasoning to places I had missed.
  3. After all your steaks have been successfully floured, set them aside to fry
  4. In a large, deep frying pan, cover just the bottom of your pan with vegetable oil and heat over medium.
  5. Once the pan is good and hot fry three of your steaks about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove the steaks and fry the other three the same way. Remove steaks and set aside
  6. Whisk the McCormick gravy packets and the 2 cups of water into the frying pan, being careful to scrape up the bits on the bottom as you go. As soon as the gravy is simmering, place the cooked steaks back into the pan with the gravy and top with sliced onion. I like to push my onion down into the gravy so they get a more caramelized texture. Simmer 30 more minutes or until steaks are heated through and are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment