Monday, May 16, 2016

MY MAMA'S BEEF(LESS) STEW

My mama's beef stew!
 As I got older I realized there is no beef! IN THIS STEW It's beefless..
my mother would make this meal and call it beef stew.

 2 packs of pork neck bones
2 bags of mixed vegetables.
 2 diced potatoes.
 1 can of tomato paste. 
1  to 2 jars of spaghetti sauce. 
Salt and pepper to taste. 
1 Ts of garlic powder

Instructions. Boil neck bones for 2 to 3 hours...you can use pork or beef.(beef will cook an hour longer)
 Keep checking so that water isn't too low. Add mixed vegetables .
.potatoes and boil another 30 
minutes then add tomato paste and stir in well..
add spaghetti sauce ..
add garlic powder- and salt and pepper to taste and simmer 5 minutes...
my pork neck bones were falling off the bone......
I serve with jiffy mix cornbread or you can make your own cornbread
the combination of sweet and salty taste really good

No comments:

Post a Comment