Monday, May 16, 2016

SPAGHETTI AND NECK BONES

Growing up this is a meal my oldest sister made quite often. If you have never had neck bones and spaghetti. Make some tonight.


1 BOX OF thin SPAGHETTI..
 2 packs of neck bones...beef or pork.
 I used pork. Which is what we grew up eating! Yum !
I put them in the crock  pot the night before  on low for 6 hours 
Or cook them on the stove for 3 hours but you have to continue to check them and add water and adjust the seasonings each time you have to add more water.
 seasoned them with 
1 TS season salt...
1 TS garlic powder and 
1 TS pepper. 
6-8 cups of water for cooking the neck bones
2 jars of spaghetti sauce- any kind . I use Ragu when I make this one.
I cleaned the neck bones by removing the white fat from the crevice’s and rinsed them very well. Then I placed them inside the pot or crockpot. Added the water and then the seasonings.
the neck bones cooked all night without incident in the crockpot.
if you dont use a crock pot, you can cook them on the stove for 3 hours.
beef necks bones will have to cook one hour longer.


Cook the spaghetti according to the package in the same pot after removing the neck bones once they are done cooking.
if you choose not to use a crock pot.
once the neck bones are done, you can use the same water to cook the spaghetti. Cook according to the package.
once the spaghetti is done I put it all in one big pot..and add the sauce. I keep the water because it has the flavor and if necessary . add more season salt if you need to. The juice from the neck bones give it a really good flavor. I like it really saucy and almost like a soup consistency. Once I have it all in one pot I let it simmer for 5 minutes and it is time to eat.

5 comments: