Sunday, April 2, 2023

Pinto beans




 Pinto beans


Ingredients

  • 1 (11 ounce) package pinto beans picked through and rinsed . I never soak my beans. This time I soaked them for 3 hours.
  • 1 quart chicken stock
  • 1 quart water
  • 1 onion  halved or roughly chopped
  • 2 smoked Turkey tails or ham hocks. Whatever you prefer.
  • 1 tablespoon of onion powder 
  • 1 tsp black pepper 
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon seasoning 

Instructions

  • Add the soaked beans, chicken stock, water, onion, ham hocks, to a large pot 
  • Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are nice and tender, even after soaking my beans I still cooked them for 3 hours.
  • Adjust the seasonings if you need to add more water.

No comments:

Post a Comment